Applications in the prescribed form are invited by Osmania University for Post Graduate Engineering Common Entrance Test (PGECET), the AP State Level Common Entrance Test for admission into Regular PG Courses in Engineering, Technology, Architecture, Pharmacy (ME / MTech / MPharmacy / MArch ), Graduate level Pharm-D (Post Baccalaureate) for the academic year 2013-2014.
Post Graduate Engineering Common Entrance Test (PGECET) is conducted at six regional centers across the state. The regions along with corresponding examination centers (tentative) where the Test will be held are:
JNTU College of Engineering, Kukatpally, Hyderabad
University College of Engineering (A), Osmania University, Hyderabad-500007
University College of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Kakatiya University, Warangal
Sri Venkateshwara University College of Engineering, Tirupati
JNTU College of Engineering, Ananthapur
Andhra University College of Engineering, Visakhapatnam
College of Engineering, Acharya Nagarjuna University, Guntur
PG Professional Programs:
- The A.P. State Council of Higher Education, Hyderabad will be issuing a separate notification for admission as per the admission policy for PG professional courses.
- Preference will be given to GATE qualified candidates in admissions to various PG professional programmes in the Institutions / Colleges of the State of Andhra Pradesh. After exhausting GATE qualified candidates, the remaining vacant seats will be filled with those candidates who have secured ranks in the PGECET-2013 as per Merit Order.
- As per the latest AICTE approval process Hand Book eligibility criterion for admission to Engineering and Pharmacy courses is 50% marks in group subjects taken together in the qualifying examination (45% for reserved category). However candidates shall fulfill the eligibility criteria laid down in the relevant GOs at the time of admissions.
- All PG programmes of Part Time / SSS / Sponsored courses shall not come under the purview of this test (PGECET-2013)
Courses & Eligibility:
Please refer the link:
Graduate Level Pharm-D (PB) course:
This is a Graduate level 3-year program (UG) in Pharmacy with BPharmacy as entry qualification approved by Pharmacy Council of India, New Delhi. Candidates qualified in PGECET – 2013 only will be eligible for admission into the course on the basis of merit.
1. The candidate should be of Indian Nationality.
2. The Candidate should belong to the state of Andhra Pradesh.
3. The Candidate should satisfy the local / non-local status requirements as laid down in the regulations of admission.
4. Candidate should obtain at least 50% marks (45% in case candidate belonging to reserved category) in the qualifying examination.
Candidates are required to apply for PGECET-2013 test papers through Online only at
The application/ registration fee for each test paper is Rs. 500/- (Rs 250/- in case of SC / ST)
- Last Date for submission of online applications
- Without late fee: 15.04.2013
- With late fee of Rs 500: 29.04.2013
- With late fee of Rs 2000: 06.05.2013
- Downloading of Hall Tickets: 13.05.2013 to 20.05.2013
- Examination Dates: 22.05.2013 to 25.05.2013
For details, see the link:http://appgecet.org/pdfs/information-Book-Let-pgecet2012-13032012.pdf